1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1” chunks

1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1” chunks

3 teaspoons salt

8 large eggs

¼ cup heavy cream

1 cup shredded Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese

1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar jack cheese

1 teaspoon black pepper

4 tablespoons butter

1 large onion, diced

3 green bell peppers


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Place the both the Yukon gold and sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with cold water.  Season the water with 2 teaspoons salt.  Bring to a boil and let cook until the potatoes barely become tender and are still firm in the center, about 5 minutes.  Drain and stop the cooking process by rinsing with cold water. (Note - I also make this frittata with left over oven roasted potatoes!)


Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the heavy cream.  Add the Jarlsberg, 1 cup of the cheddar jack, remaining teaspoon of salt, and the black pepper to the bowl.  Mix to combine and set aside.


In a large non-stick, oven proof skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat and sauté onion until soft and fragrant.  Add the potatoes cook until tender in the center and lightly browned.  Stir frequently to prevent any sticking. Reduce heat to medium.


Pour the egg mixture in the frying pan to evenly cover the potatoes, spreading with a fork and tipping the pan to evenly distribute the eggs and cheese. 


Cut the bottoms off of the peppers which will resemble your clover leaves.  Cut holes in each of the ‘bumps’ as needed to make the peppers look more like clovers.  Push the peppers, ‘bottom-side-down’ into the eggs in the pan.  Fill the ‘holes' in the clovers with a little of the egg mixture and cut ‘strips’ from the remaining peppers to create 'stems'.  See image below as reference.


Continue to cook over medium heat until the edges of the frittata are cooked and the center begins to set, about 5 minutes. Transfer to oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes until top is puffed and lightly browned and the egg mixture is set in the center.


Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.  Slide out of the pan onto a cutting board.  Cut into wedges and devour!